I hate blogging! I think it is extremely shallow! Who wants to read the things that pop in my head and why do I think I am important enough for someone to care what I write. Well, this is what I used to think about blogging anyway but now I understand that a blogger doesn't do this for others they do it for themselves. This is a way to keep us all accountable. It is saying I am putting this idea out into the world and I must follow through or look like a fool. So here I am sitting in my bed blogging!
My blog is my way of holding myself accountable for my new mission in my life. I want to become a healthier person. By this I mean, I want to eat fresh, organic meals. I want to cut the crap out of my diet such as fast food. I have a self professed love for cake and well really all food that you should only eat on occasion. I must break up with this way of life!
Why am I breaking up with this way of life? Well it is not because I am dying to look like a movie star all though who wouldn't enjoy looking like Jennifer Aniston. No, that is not it! I am doing this because I gave birth to a beautiful boy in July of 2009 and shortly after my husband became very ill. He became so sick I thought, at one point, I just might lose him. My thoughts were rampant with horrible images of me standing over his grave and throwing myself on it. I realized I am not ready to lose him we just had a baby and we are just beginning this part of our lives together. We have so much more we want in life.
We were on the wheel of doctor death for months. We went through more doctors appointments, testing and procedures than any human being in one life should have to all to discover they could not tell me why my husband was so sick. They were just not sure. It was unexplained. How can they not know because they had looked at every part of my husbands body inside and out. He had so many tubes, hoses and medicines pushed through him it made the game operation look simple and kind.
As I sat and listened to the doctor explain this I just kept thinking in my head about our life together. I realized over the last decade we hand done some amazing things and traveled to amazing places but other than work and travel our main past time was trying different foods. We were also severely sedentary which is funny considering my husband was an athlete his whole life and played college basketball. I knew then that we had to change our ways. Our fast food drive thru days had to come to an end. I wanted us both to live and see our son grow into a man. Not to mention I want to teach my baby boy to be healthy. So therefore, I have to break my relationship off with all of the foods I love to eat!
I did realize that I could still enjoy food but it would have to be in a different way. I would need to find fresh, local and organic fruits, veggies and meats to cook for my family. No more drive thrus and no more processed garbage.
So my mission, plain and simple, is to eat better and eliminate the stuff in our diet that is well made in a factory and is really not made for human consumption. This is a lofty goal and I realize as I go along things will change a little but I want to stay true to my main goal which is teaching my child to be healthy and getting healthy in the mean time. I am giving myself a year to get all processed foods out of my family's diet. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment